sábado, 19 de novembro de 2011

Poetry - Premonition

Premonition
(Janete Maia)

Then
That morning
I woke up slowly
With much effort I was opening my eyes
And I started having difficulty standing
I checked my watch: 6 hours.

I looked for someone, but was only
I walked home, there was no
The cold was intense, the sun had not
And I missed
Do not remember who
I checked my watch: 6 hours ...

Where were the sounds?
Where was the uproar?
Engines?
The barking?

The chirping?

Intrigued, I went to the gate
I saw the desolate street
Doors and windows closed
Wilted flowers on the sidewalk
I returned to the room, concerned
I checked my watch: 6 hours!

Where were the sounds?
Where were the children?
The cars?
The dogs?
Birds?
I checked my watch: 6 hours?

Frightened, I touched my body
But I do not feel
I looked at my hands
Do not recognize
I ran to the mirror
But I do not see
I saw my son crying
then I realized
I was dead
I checked my watch: 6 hours.
 
 
 

Nenhum comentário:

Visitantes